We’re just barely into August, but it’s already time to start making plans for the next school year. If you get all the planning done now, your family will be free to enjoy the rest of summer with peace of mind!
Once you dive into all the back-to-school shopping, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. You may wind up overlooking one or two details.
At Preston Sherry Dental Associates, we take seriously our job to help you not forget about your kids’ smiles!
Take advantage of this last month of summer to get your children on track to another year of dental health with this checklist.
- Schedule everyone’s dental checkups ASAP
- Follow through on any recommended treatment
- Ask about services to prevent decay such as fluoride or sealants
- Shop for brand-new toothbrushes and a toothpaste your kids love
- Collect ideas for simple and smile-healthy lunches to pack
Here are a few to get you started:
- turkey and cheese slices rolled together
- tuna salad and whole grain crackers
- fresh sliced fruit
- whole grain tortilla chips and hummus
- peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread
- sugar-free yogurt
Many schools require a back-to-school dental checkup, especially for little ones just starting out in preschool or kindergarten. It can get hectic to wait until later in the school year to get this done along with any other necessary treatment.
Have the checkup taken care of now, and if you get a form from the school for the dentist to fill out, bring it in later.
From everyone here at Preston Sherry Dental Associates, we wish all of our Dallas students a happy and healthy start to their new school year!